Monday, April 19, 2010

Healthy lunch!!


Here is a picture of a quick and easy lunch that I made last week. I am trying my very hardest to eat better. This meal was Quinoa with veggies. I cooked the Quinoa which took about 20 to 30 minutes(cooked very much like rice). I chopped garlic coarsely, I really like big pieces of garlic, then some mushrooms, broccoli and celery. Put this in a pan with olive oil. Seasoned the veggies with some spicy pepper mix, salt&pepper and put in about a 1/3cup of water. Covered, lowered heat and let steam for about 10 to 15 minutes. I mixed it all together with some soy sauce. It was deelish!! Very filling. Fiber in the Quinoa and veggies. Iron in the broccoli. Need to try and lower the sodium though. Soy sause is pretty high in sodium. Just make sure to drink your water!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummyyyy!

    Instead of soy sauce, you can try using Bragg's liquid aminos. A girl in my class did a comparison:
    http://thenakedlabel.com/a-product-that-deserves-to-“bragg”/

    I've seen it sold in the organic section of Loblaws... which reminds me that I wanted to buy some to try too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sush!! I will look for that.

    ReplyDelete