Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Grow an Avocado Tree!

I am trying to grow an Avocado Tree. Now, I have never done this before and so far nothing is happening. I think it needs more sun. Also you have to make sure it always has watching touching the bottom of the seed. It can't stay outside in the winter and it won't grow fruit for about 3 or 4 years. But I think it would be neat to have!
How to do it:
1. Cut up an Avocado, take out the pit. Wash the fruit off the pit under warm water, using your fingers. Dry with a paper towel.
2. Pierce the fattest part of the pit with toothpicks, I used bamboo kabob skewrs(sp?).
3. Fill up a container with water and place the pit on the top. You want the bottom to be in the water.
4. Place in a sunny area.
I will keep you posted. Hopefully it will sprout soon. It may take a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment