Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Check out my green thumb!!

Turns out that I have had a green thumb all along. I have always thought that I am a bad cook and a plant killer. I killed a cactus once! How? I over loved it, too much water. But this plant, it was a little piece that a friend of ours broke off the dying plant and stuck in a glass of water. It sat in the water for a long time, then one day I said, "Krista, let's plant this!". So I did. I stuck it in a glass planter with some dirt that James had in the basement. I got discouraged because it wasn't doing well, the dirt was really watery and the plant didn't seem to be growing roots. I took the plant and dirt out of the planter, threw some glass beads in and spread them out on the bottom, then stuck the plant back in with a little more dirt. And Ta-friggin'-Daa!! The plant has now gone from one sprig of dying to a beautiful healthy plant!! So I am more capable than I ever gave myself credit for, it is amazing what you can do with a little time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment